Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: What do 60-66 Owners want?

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner GMCPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2000
    Posts
    743
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Well we here at GMCPauls are always interested in how we can help other truck enthusiast so tell me how we can better serve you. Do you need something reproduced thats not currently available? Interested in custom accessories? Tech pages? Tell me what you want or need and we will do our best to provide it.
    GMCPaul

  2. #2
    Inactive Member '64Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheaper prices? hehe
    So far you've done a great job of keepin' up with our wants. The one thing thing I can think of that I think got made for the '67-up trucks was the lower front pillar section that is under the rocker panel. They tend to rot out & leave a bad welding surface.
    Other than that it's hard to come up with any aftermarket thoughts that isnt already out there. Possibly a bedwood gas cap (that's 'unique'?)for those who've converted tanks.
    What's lacking is repro grills for the 60-63 yrs too.
    Cowl induction hoods...
    anything BUT clear 'Euro style' tailight lenses.
    [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 25, 2003 07:33 AM: Message edited by: '64Dave ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jhicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea, how about a repro hood for 64-66 chevy truck. Or door's or at least a complete door skin. That would help. Heck, anything for 60-66 trucks would be nice. It tough being the red-headed step child of the Chevy truck family.

    Keep up the good work.

    jeffrey

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 6066GMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    How about Some GMC parts, like the Custom script or V6 emblems. We could use soe dash parts too, like replacement gauges or those hard to find V6 tachs and Clocks.

    Rebuilt kits for the GMC 305 & 351 V6 engines and the SM-420 trans

    As yo know we finaly got front turn lens for our trucks last year, but we still need the trun singal switch, and how about a kit for 4 way flashers?

    You may have some of this, but from what I have found, the stuff that works on a Chevy will not work on a GMC all the time.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner GMCPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2000
    Posts
    743
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Well I am happy to say doors are already being tooled to my understanding and I should know more on them and be able to voice your thoughts and needs to the manufacturers in May when I will be going to Taiwan to meet with several of the manufacturers and touring their facilities doing most of the quality body parts we carry and that have done several new items for us already for us in the last year. I also plan to meet with several other manufacturers and get by their SEMA event which will be going on at the time I meet our current manufacturers.
    I do plan on bringing up the hood situation when I am over there, I have also written down the grills both for 60-63 Chevy and the GMC's and thanks for pointing out the lower door pillar. If anyone has access to one or both email us with what you would like for them and I will have you ship to our east coast warehouse to be sent over to be done.
    In regards to gas *****rs for beds there are actually already some gas caps available that are perfect for the bed floor such as the marine *****rs and one available from Classic Performance, I have seen others also.
    Rebuild kits are already available for the 305 & 351 visit here
    http://www.kanter.com/truck/gmcn.html
    If I meet anyone involved with the emblems and trim I will be bringing these up!!!
    THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT INPUT GUYS!!!! KEEP IT COMING!!!!!
    OH yes in regards to turnsignal switches we have 65-66 GMC turnsignal switches that are GMC ONLY and do have them available now as of just 2 days ago, you must have a original GMC column and the switch part # of 910821, if you have GM part # 910823 then you have a Chevy column in your GMC and need to order a Chevy one. 1960-62 were the same switch for GMC & Chevy, 1963 this is also the case, 1964 GMC was different than Chevy and I have not located any source for this one. If someone could get their hands on a mint original 64 GMC turnsignal switch or a NOS one M&H wiring harness is looking to get ahold of the original switches to reproduce on many years groups give them a call or contact me as we are a distributor for them. They are not looking for free switches either as they offered to buy when we spoke with them on the 67-72switch.
    Well thats about it!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!
    GMCPaul

  6. #6
    Inactive Member '64Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Paul,
    At a swap meep last fall I stopped by a 'well known' vendor's booth & we got to talking. 'RUMOR' was that someone was gonna start manufacturing repro windshield trim for the 60-66s. Any bugs planted in your ear about that? If so or not, probably the 2 most sought after trim pieces not available right now are the windshield trim & the 'Custom' cab flags (2 styles 60-63 & 64-66) Even rarer I'd think are the GMC window trim pkgs/flags. You've seen what they can go for on Ebay! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

    Dave
    www.60-66chevytrucks.com

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 64fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    First off, great job all around Paul. So, while I am here, and while I am dreaming...

    I've only seen the grill *****r panel (valance) offered in fiberglass. I would love to see a new steel one.

    How about complete bed side panels?

    I like the pillar repair piece and complete door skin ideas too.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jhicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gee, I'm on a roll here. How about the "Custom" cab trim for just behind the doors. There's a guy on ebay right now trying to get something like $250 for a mint set <ouch> Considerin' folks pay $30 to $50 for a clean used set you could easily get $50-75 for a repop. Heck, I'd be a beta tester for ya Paul. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    While I'm at it Santa, I am still lookin' for a mint chrome [or painted] hubcap for a '65 C-20 with 16.5" wheels. The kind that mount with the clips on the wheels. I got three mint chrome ones and need one more to complete the set.

    thanks

    jeffrey

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 63suburban's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Am I crazy to ask for some of the sheetmetal around the windshield? The rust monster is in full control of that area of my truck. The drip rail is gone and the rest of it's not far behind. All I've heard or seen is that you have to fab the parts up yourself, which is beyond my ability. There's a pretty good variety of other patch panels out there, why not some for this commonly rusted out area?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member fatboy63k10's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I would be the first to buy a 60-66 custom tail gate for fleetsides similar to the one offered by Mar-K for step sides. the one with the center lift handle and rods that go to each side. very similar to the the later model gates.

    Grille support panel as mentioned above. Door shells for 60-63 and 64-66. 4x4 transfer case shifter boot and trim. Intermediate & final brake cables for a 4x4. A re-popped 63 grille.

    Big inhale... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] still holdin, holdin, I WANT A CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE TOP KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious... I'd pay the price.

    Thanks for asking Paul, see you at Carlisle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •